Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Go Dell!

To my great surprise I received my new laptop today. I hadn't even received a notice that it had shipped! Actually they said it would ship this coming Monday.

My first impression is quite impressed. The machine is tiny and light, and from what I can tell quite fast. The keyboard is going to take some getting used to, but I think this will work out quite well. And as it turns out I have 2 unsecured wireless access points within range (though I'm currently using my wired network as I type this blog post on the new machine).

Any suggestions as to what a laptop needs?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a laptop. wow

7:35 PM  
Blogger CodePoet said...

- firewire recording interface
- wireless mouse
- webcam (w/mic)
- docking station

11:59 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

1394 is firewire isn't it? Ya know, now that I think about it it doesn't have bluetooth. I would love to use my headset with it. Oh well.

What recording terface would you recomend?

2:23 AM  
Blogger CodePoet said...

M-Audio Firewire Solo.

8:06 AM  
Blogger CodePoet said...

Actually if you just need a mic input, I'd get the Samson USB condenser mic. Supposed to be fairly good w/ a street price of $79. Plug it right into your laptop and go.

(I hate this word verifying - half the time you can't even tell what letter they're trying to get you to put in)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I'll look into the Samson.

And the word verifying cuts down on a lot of the spam (which can be quite bad).

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home